“uPhongolo Municipality will ensure an inclusive socio-economy by providing quality services that yield a better life for all by 2035”.
- To develop our Municipal institution and facilitate its transformation.
- To provide infrastructure and other services to all, with emphasis on rural communities, in a sustainable manner.
- To provide a healthy and safe environment that is conducive for investment.
- To develop and support social and economic development initiatives, particularly those focused on the youth and the vulnerable.
- To ensure good governance through leadership excellence and community participation
- To ensure continued sound financial management.
- To ensure effective and efficient Land Use Management, taking cognizance of sound environmental practices.
- To elevate tourism and agriculture as the leading GDP contributors to our economy.
The Batho-Pele Principles inform the operations of the uPhongola Municipality, to guide relations and interaction between uPhongolo and it customers, community and other stakeholders. The following are the values upon which the municipality operates: